After a turbulent few years, economics are back on the side of the U.S. coal industry. It still faces challenges, but recovery is now in full swing and the industry is ready for change. Coaltrans USA returns to Miami for its 11th edition, once again uniting the leading players in the American coal industry. An expert faculty is set to address a delegation that will include Heyl & Patterson and over 250 other companies to discuss the evolution of American coal markets. This year’s conference promises a good blend of domestic and export issues.
Among the key issues to be debated:
- Where does the U.S. coal industry stand?
- What is the changing role of coal in the wake of low natural gas prices and the shale gas revolution?
- Where will new supplies of coal come from to combat Central Appalachian production decline?
- What opportunities for long-term profitable exports to Eastern markets from the U.S.?
- What finance and investment challenges lie ahead for the U.S. coal sector?
Coaltrans USA’s featured presentations will be from J. Brett Harvey – President & CEO of CONSOL Energy; Michael Morris – President, Chairman & CEO of American Electric Power; Kevin Crutchfield, President & CEO of Alpha Natural Resources; and Don Blankenship, Chairman & CEO of Massey Energy Company.
Coaltrans USA will be held on February 3-4 at the Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove in Miami, FL.